1. The film critics of The New York Times — Manohla Dargis and A. O. Scott — share their picks for the best movies of the year.
2. That pushed the state share of total investment for the year to date down marginally to 36.6 per cent, still the largest share since 2011 and reflecting the outsize role of government spending in sustaining economic growth during 2016.
3. 从一开始，社交网络就被有效地隔离在互联网之外。比如，Facebook的海量内容通常不会显示在谷歌( Google )搜索结果之中。但是否非得是这种情形？比方说，Twitter搜索结果自动出现在一个标准的谷歌搜索显示页面，岂不是更方便？再比如，当你搜索Yelp时，为什么关于某家餐厅的最新Twitter消息没有显现出来呢？由于利益相悖，不同社交网络往往把各自的内容封锁在专利保护墙之内，但也有不少工具致力于创造性地弥合这道鸿沟。需要说明的是，本文作者的公司已经开发出了这样一种工具。
4. I wonder why LeBron James doesn't wear those weird things on his biceps and shoulder anymore. Well, actually I bet he doesn't wear them because they're useless.
5. 9. Build your “A team”.
6. I always judge the tank on actions and not by words. So, when teams say they're not in the tank and then run out a bunch of undrafted free agents while injuries to star players linger, that's when you know it's on.
2. Common areas include two living rooms, both with walls of glass opening to a patio and an in-ground pool. Ceilings rise as high as 28 feet; doors throughout are Spanish cedar. Among the stainless-steel kitchen appliances are a Fisher & Paykel range and two Sub-Zero refrigerators, as well as steel cabinets and sinks. A breakfast bar separates the kitchen from the dining area, which also opens to the patio and pool.
3. The most popular variation of this line is “Don’t fantasize about big sister: I am only legend.”
4. A schoolgirl aged 11 has been honoured as "America's top young scientist" for inventing a quick, low-cost test to detect lead-contaminated water.
3. Federal, state and local government job cutbacks are slowing. More than 250,000 workers at all levels of government lost jobs last year. This year, so far, about 20,000 have gained jobs. Worries about the nation's debt and deficits likely will keep a lid on government spending and investments, economists say, but any jumps in, say, infrastructure spending would create jobs. At the least, government will be less of a drag.[qh]
4. Be Professional
5. We will improve mechanisms that give incentives and allow for and address mistakes so as to support those who are dedicated to their work and stand behind those who live up to their responsibilities. Every one of us in government must take an active approach to our work and have the courage to tackle the toughest problems, we must work closely with the people, using concrete action to make progress in development, and using genuine hard work to realize a bright future.
2. After IMD in second place, Duke Corporate Education completes the custom programme podium. It is the third year in a row that the US school is in third place, having previously topped this ranking for a record 12 consecutive years to 2014.
4. I empathize with the Mavs' position. It's tough to tell your fans that all hope is lost in November, and it's especially tough when you've got a Hall of Famer still on your roster.
5. "People can be unhappy for many reasons -- from poverty to unemployment to family breakdown to physical illness," the report said. "But in any particular society, chronic mental illness is a highly influential cause of misery. If we want a happier world, we need a completely new deal on mental health."
6. 单词association 联想记忆：
1. 5. Fan Bingbing - $17 million
3. It set minimum prices too high for commodities including cotton, sugar and corn, and as those prices diverged from the market prices, authorities encouraged excessive production as well as strong import flows.
The One-China policy constitutes the political foundation of China-US relations which has remained unshaken despite the changing circumstances, nor can this relationship be undermined. With that foundation in place, we believe that there are broad prospects for China-US cooperation.
That's part of the logic, anyway, behind the unlikely candidacy of Ethan Sonneborn, a 13-year-old running for governor of Vermont, one of just two states with no minimum age requirement for the office.